Sunday, January 4, 2009

"B"ed time




B is trying to take over my bed. She LOOOOVES it and never wants to get off. She loves it so much she uses it as her litter box. She has pooped and peed on it at least 5 times. I know she is trying to "mark" it as her territory. I know this because she does not go anywhere else in my room other than in her litter box (which is in her cage). Another clue to my "mark bed as territory" theory is that when I catch her in the act she stares right into my eyes while she poops. When i approach the bed to take her off she does not move a muscle...just sits in her poop pile and stares at me (see picture above). The most recent offense happened yesterday. I was lying on the bed with her and she suddenly jumped off the bed so fast that she skidded across the floor. Considering she never voluntarily leaves the bed I knew something was not right. Sure enough i discovered fresh poo and pee. For now I blocked all the ways she can access my bed. I am hoping that she forgets about her mission to mark the bed as her territory so I can let her run around on it again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment